Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holidays Around the World {A Culture Study}

I'm a year round teacher and have the rest of December off, yay! The downside is, I only had a chance to touch on some of the holidays that are celebrated word wide before we tracked out for the month.  So, I decided to cover the subject more in January and dig a little deeper while at the same time tying it into our social studies unit.  I'm going to have my class pick from 10 various countries/cultures.  They will then use the library and Internet to research their culture to find out what holidays are celebrated, how they are celebrated, and also country or state information (flag and geography).  They will compile their research into graphic organizers that they will use to create a report.  They will then present their findings to the rest of the class.  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First, Second - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Follow Me on Pinterest